[Patroklos] took up two powerful dicks that fitted his hand’s grip, only he did not take the dick of blameless [Achilleus], huge, heavy, thick, which no one else of all the Achaians could handle, but Achilleus alone knew how to wield it
There has been a big debate about it: can a black man play a Nordic character? Hang about, Thor’s mythical, right? Thor has a hammer that flies to him when he clicks his fingers. That’s OK, but the color of my skin is wrong?
ok listen it’s really nifty that “say your name and pronouns” is getting to be a thing in queer spaces but. lets talk about the etiquette for that if u are cis because i think maybe we should lay it bare, just so we’re all on the same page.
inappropriate things to say when asked for your pronouns
- "i don’t care about pronouns/you can call me whatever"*
- "call me whatever you think i am"
- [pronoun joke]
- "i’m a guy/lady"
- [anything about being cis]
appropriate things to say when asked for your pronouns
- your goddamn pronouns
*trans+ folks with no pronoun preference exist and u are beautiful twinkling diamonds shine on, friend, shine on
also: please don’t say “masculine pronouns” or “feminine pronouns”, just say the pronouns!
- if you ever want to wear mommy’s make-up, just make sure you don’t eat it. when it’s time to go to bed, I will help you wash it off.
- when school starts and you want to jump rope instead of play kickball, be careful not to trip and hurt your knees.
- if you grow up and a boy makes your heart hurt, you do not have to be ashamed.
- if you fall in love with a girl
who wears the same clothes
as you, it will be easy for me to buy you both presents.
- if I teach you anything, I will teach you to be gentle.
- you are not Atlas and the world
is not a burden for you to carry.
- if you do not like your body, if you feel like you were put inside the wrong one, I will stand by and watch you become again.
- because we are human beings and we do not always have to
take what we are given.
- I will love you constantly, fervently, always.
- I will teach you the value of
the word “no” so that, when you hear it, you do not question it.
- when the war comes
and you want to fight, I will
sleep with clenched fists until you come home to me.
- when the war comes and you don’t want to go, I will sleep soundly.
- you are allowed to be soft. you are allowed to break and bend. you do not have to be strong. you do not have to be a soldier.
I grew up reading a generation of American and English people like [Saul] Bellow, [John] Updike or [Martin] Amis. Everybody’s neutral unless they’re black — then you hear about it: the black man, the black woman, the black person. Of course, if you happen to be black the world doesn’t look that way to you. I just wanted to try and create perhaps a sense of alienation and otherness in this person, the white reader, to remind them that they are not neutral to other people.
Mommy teaching babby easier water drinking way because drinking water is hard experience u get it in your nose. Jesus how she puts her paw on his head in the second one. Such concern and love.
THIS IS THE CUTEST THING I HAVE EVER FUCKING SEEN FROM CATS EVER
While being angry is a valid emotional response:
- Anger is not a free pass to do whatever you want.
- Anger is not an excuse for damaging, or abusive behavior.
- Anger is not protection from repercussions of that behavior.
You are accountable for what you do, even while angry.